1. The driver didn’t want to wait in traffic so he drove up onto the sidewalk. We all screamed at him to get back on the road as he continued to drive down the sidewalk while pedestrians ran out of the way. He told us that it wasn’t a sidewalk, it was an “Uber lane.” It was a miracle he didn’t actually run anyone over
2. My Uber was new to the area and attempted to drive down a rail road track. I asked what he was doing and he said, “Oh sorry.”
3. They drove over my foot as I was trying to get my luggage into the car.
4. Tried to sleep with me. I had to call Uber and report them.
5. Said I looked just like their ex-girlfriend and asked me out to their favorite restaurant in a follow-up text message.
6. Rode in the front due to number of passengers. She shifted into P every time we were stopped at a light. Then proceeded to tell us about her abusive exes and about how now she carries a loaded handgun in her purse, which was by my feet. Because if she ever runs into that last ex, she’s gonna shoot him.
7. Picked apart everything I was wearing, calling me ‘trashy’ and ‘lazy’ for still being in pajamas.
8. Asked me if I liked cocaine within the first few minutes, then proceeded to tell me about how much he loved it, including a story about when he’d once done crack and tried to throw himself out of a window because he felt so depressed afterward. Then tried to take my number.
9. This Uber driver was extremely curious about my life. He asked me if I was partying or drunk. He asked me if I lived by myself and new in town and he started talking about how he liked Indian women… it was very uncomfortable… that night I slept with a hammer under my pillow. It was so scary.
10. They drove with their knee. Even after I asked them to please not to.
11. Got pulled over for speeding and no seatbelt. Proceeded to then say he’s gotten 4 seatbelt tickets and won’t ever wear one.
12. My Uber picked up someone else instead of me. When I called him to tell him that wasn’t me he put the passenger on the phone and kept driving to the destination. I had to cancel it and I think he dropped the passenger off at some random spot in town. Uber wouldn’t refund my ride either.
13. She was texting and driving, yelled “fuck” as she almost hit the curb while entering the interstate, and she wasn’t wearing a seatbelt. We were stoned and terrified the whole time.
14. The woman turned into the wrong lane going directly against traffic, and then, she got lost completely, despite having GPS. It was a bit unnerving to say the least.
15. Took an Uber from my house to the airport for a work trip. Got a call from my boss on the way in. Driver screamed at me to hang up because he couldn’t hear his podcast on his headphones. My boss, who heard the insane rant, told the entire team to switch to Lyft or taxis after that.
16. Uber driver was visibly drunk. Not blackout drunk, but it was obvious he was having a hard time staying in his lane. He kept veering over the yellow line, then would jerk the wheel the other way, nearly running us off the road a few times. He also had an open can of Bud Light in his cupholder. I had him drop me off a few blocks from my actual destination because I didn’t wanna die that night, rated him 1 star, and reported him. Not sure if anything came from it.
17. Told me me gleefully that she ‘brake checks’ people who tailgate her, then proceeded to do it multiple times.
18. Kept talking me non-stop and was asking me sexual questions and kept trying to show me music videos on his phone while driving and drove me to the wrong location and ended up charging me more. Immediately gave him a 1 star.
19. Didn’t acknowledge me at all, had some song screaming “just suck that dick” and “eat that pussy” on loop, and was Facebooking while driving.
20. Stopped on the highway to read road signs… during rush hour… more than once.
21. I was taking an Uber home from the airport. The ride was perfect and he even insisted on dropping my baggage to the front door. Awesome. He then asked if he could use the restroom really quick and of course I obliged. He wasn’t in there for more than three minutes, but when I went to wash my hands after, I found my bathroom destroyed. Shit was all over the toilet seat and just fucking everywhere. I really wish he had just taken more than a minute and shat like a normal human being but the dude must have had a leaky butthole because there was shit on my walls too. A one star review was the bare minimum I think.
22. She was simultaneously driving for Lyft and picked up another passenger completely out of our way. Then proceeded to brag about how she picked up some high school kids earlier and they had their destination set to the liquor store where she bought them liquor.
23. She had 3 kids with her. One in the front, probably 14. A preteen in the back and a toddler, no older than 3 also in the back with no carseat. She was also driving erratically and reeked of weed.
24. He refused to acknowledge my presence and kept asking my husband if he thought it was fine that he (the driver) wanted to take a 2nd wife because he believed men should be happy. My husband was not about that at all and said that if he wanted a second wife, she deserved a second husband and the driver flipped out and told us that men deserve more than women and that she should be fulfilled by taking care of his children. It was incredibly surreal, uncomfortable and demeaning. So yeah, a big complaint was filed.
25. Immediately when I got in the car, I was hit by an incense-y smell that was so strong it gave me an instant headache. She spent the whole ride trying to get me to join her essential oil down line in a well-known oil MLM. I declined politely and then firmly (I thought). We got to my destination and my head was pounding. She stopped and locked the doors. She told me that she wasn’t going to let me out until I gave her my email address. I kind of chuckled and unlocked my door and she immediately locked it again. Then she pressed child lock so that when I tried to open the door it didn’t budge. I was shocked and scared, and she repeated that I had to give her my email address and handed me a notepad and pen. I made one up and dashed out of there. Immediately reported her.
A couple of weeks later she somehow found me on Facebook and sent a friend request. Needless to say I blocked her.
26. The guy fell asleep at the wheel and rear ended a car in front of us, then tried to flee, then left me at the side of the freeway. In the end I got a 500 dollar credit from Uber.
27. He hit a cyclist who was taking home a pizza slice, didn’t help him up, didn’t buy him a new pizza slice. He also ran a bunch of red lights. And asked for five stars at the end
28. I was on a work trip in another city, riding in to my first shift at around 5am. We were having a casual conversation and he asked whether I had a boyfriend (I said yes). As we were pulling into the empty parking lot (no one else was there yet), and I was trying to figure out which of the buildings I was supposed to be in, he asked if I would go get a coffee with him instead. I said no, and told him I thought it was the building straight ahead, but he turned the other way and started circling the parking lot. He said something about no one else being there yet so I should just get coffee with him, and I said no again and asked him to just stop and let me out and I would find my way by foot. He let me out but then pulled into a parking spot and lingered there until sometime after I found my way in.
29. When I got into the car, he immediately yelled in a stern voice, “STATE YOUR ACCOUNT ID.” I take Uber almost daily, and I know drivers like to ask for your name, but I was so taken aback by the aggressive yelling.
As soon as I got into the car, I was met with the most awful smell I’ve ever experienced in my whole life. It was like something died in his car. I had to hold my breath throughout the 20 minute ride.
Then, he drove me to the wrong place. Two times. By the second time, I just decided to walk to my destination because I was so vexed by the smell. Before I got out, after sitting in the car in silence, he yelled, ‘RATE 5 STARS.” He wouldn’t unlock the door until I agreed.
30. He drove me around the fucking planet because he missed road signs and somehow got on the highway? I looked up and was horrified. I asked him why we got on the highway and he said because he couldn’t turn the other way because there was too much traffic. The trip was 15 minutes but took 1 hour and 2 minutes. It was insane. They tried to charge me for the whole trip too.
31. He drove the wrong way down a busy downtown 4-lane street on a Friday evening, all while telling us he just came from the local comedy club (which I happen to know has a 2-drink minimum on Fridays). I was terrified.
32. Texted and drove, messed up simple GPS directions three times. It’s 6 turns to my house and she fucked it up so bad. It was wild.
33. Said “get in, bitch” as I was walking up to the car. Then when I got in the back he started mouthing off to the guy beside him at a red light. Told him he’s fucked and gave him 1 star.
34. Decided to smoke a cigarette with all the windows rolled up.
35. He swiped my boyfriend’s truck when he dropped us off. I knew he was coming too close and yep scraped the side of it. My BF was soooo mad but Uber paid out.
Powered by WPeMatico