A teenage girl who died in a freak accident while in the bath shared a photo moments before she died.
Madison Coe, from Lubbock in Texas, was charging her Samsung Edge Plus when it accidentally fell into the bathtub, according to KCBD.
Madison’s family said the 14-year-old was at her father’s house in New Mexico, on July 9, when she ‘either plugged her phone in or grabbed it as it charged’.
The family have made the decision to publish the photo in a bid to raise awareness of the dangers of using your mobile phone in the bath.
Felisha Owens, Madison’s step-mum said:
She loved basketball and band. She was first chair tuba, not many girls play the tuba but Maddy nailed it.
It’s not uncommon for her to spend two hours to two and a half hours in the bathtub.
She had her phone plugged into the extension cord and it was by the bathtub and I did it, she did it, we all had sat there in the bathtub with our phones plugged in and played our games,” she explained.
You don’t think to sit in there with a 14-year-old. You don’t micro-manage your kids anymore, but maybe you should?
The bathroom is a place for showers and personal time and your phones don’t belong in the bathroom. Electricity and water do not mix. All it takes is a drop.
Investigators say the cell phone, phone charger and extension cord were contributing factors in Madison’s death.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE share and bring awareness!! A friend of a friend put this together. I don’t even know this person and they are helping to bring awareness to their kids and everyone else’s!
Posted by Angela O’Guinn Downs on Monday, 10 July 2017
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help cover her funeral costs.
Powered by WPeMatico