Parents of an eight-year-old boy in Ohio who overdosed on heroin have been charged with child endangerment and drug possession after the tragedy.
Charles Dowdy and Danielle Simko were taken into custody January 11th after he was taken to the hospital and medical staff there found prescription pills and a small bag of heroin inside of his sock. Luckily, the victim survived.
Charles says he’d been in bed with Danielle and their son when they noticed his lips had turned blue. He then called 911. He explained that he thought his son had rolled over and possibly smothered in the pillow.
Paramedics arrived and took the boy to Southwest General Medical Center. A urine test conducted there found heroin in his system.
Narcotics and syringes were found inside the couple’s home following a search.
They were each charged with child endangerment and held on $150,000 bond.
They’re next due in court on February 22nd.
Their son is now in the custody of relatives, and the couple have been barred from any contact with him.
Powered by WPeMatico